This week, construction crews will be finishing up both Phases 1 and 5 of the Realize Cedar project. Crews will finish restoring and paving the west side of Cedar Street between Aurelius and Holt Roads and will finish the repaving of Cedar between Willoughby and Aurelius Roads. Thank you for your patience while our team worked towards these important project milestones.
Phase 2 of the project will begin on Monday, August 6. During this phase, the Holt/Cedar intersection will be closed for approximately two weeks. All business driveways will be open, with the exception of the Holt Road entrance to Original Okinawan Karate.
In addition, while the Holt/Cedar intersection is closed, Cedar Street between Aurelius and Holt Roads will temporarily open to two-way traffic to allow for easier access to the Cedar Street businesses.
Please continue to follow the Realize Cedar Facebook and Instagram pages and check realizecedar.com for updated maps and information.
Traffic patterns this week:
- Southbound traffic on Cedar Street between Aurelius and Holt Roads must continue to follow the detour around the construction zone.
- Northbound and southbound traffic on Cedar between Willoughby and Aurelius must continue to use the right lanes only.
- The Aurelius/Cedar and Holt/Cedar intersections are open.
Traffic patterns beginning next week:
- Cedar Street between Aurelius and Holt Roads will be open to two-way traffic.
- Cedar Street between Willoughby and Aurelius will be open to all traffic as construction on that section will have been completed.
- The Holt/Cedar intersection will be closed.
- The Aurelius/Cedar intersection will be open.